Thursday 24 July 2014

My Conception Day: My First Day of Life

On this day one score and half years ago, sometime unrepeatable in human history happened. A human being with a unique and unrepeatable genetic make up became. I became.

On that day, God thought of me. He thought of me and I became. He thought of me and I was conceived.

To bring me into this world, He destined a man and a woman to be the ordinary human instruments He would use. He respected them so much that He had to wait for their expression of their love for each other to allow me passage into the world. God waited.

It’s almost like He bent over and gently asked, ‘Do you mind allowing me another opportunity to create one more person that I will shower my love on?’ They were free to either say yes or no. They said yes, they chose life, they chose me. My being depended on their openness to life, on their consent.

On that day a genetic orchestra began playing. The music is still ongoing and would last till the day of my death, whenever that would be. I received my unique genetic inheritance, which has largely determined my biological characteristics.

On that day, I also received something that will last for eternity. I received my principle of life. I received my soul. Even though I was called a Zygote, I was not just a random cell. I was a person with a purpose.

I was hidden away in the depths of my mother’s womb. Not even she was aware I was there. God alone knew of my existence.

It would take a few weeks for mother to sense that something timeless had taken place within her; that a gift has been given to her. It would take some more months for her to behold my form for the first time. But God, for whom there is no time, already knew me as I am.

Psalm 139: 13 For thou didst form my inward parts, thou didst knit me together in my mother's womb. 14 I praise thee, for thou art fearful and wonderful. Wonderful are thy works! Thou knowest me right well; 15 my frame was not hidden from thee, when I was being made in secret, intricately wrought in the depths of the earth. 16 Thy eyes beheld my unformed substance; in thy book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

Thank You God for thinking about me.

Thank you father and mother for consenting to my being.


Celebrate your Conception Day. You happen only once in human history! 

It may be difficult to calculate your actual conception day but you can simply go backwards on your birthday by 9 months. You can choose any convenient day within that period.